From ClickTale Wiki
|Contents||Top · 0–9 · A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- Abandon rate is the percentage of visitors that leave during a website process; completing a form, purchasing a product and so on.
- Active time is the amount of time a visitor is actively engaging with a page by moving their mouse, clicking, scrolling or typing. This is not to be confused with Engagement time or Time on page.
- Advanced filtering is a filtration tool that allows you to define a funnel or business process through various attributes, providing you with an in-depth analysis of different visitor behavior. See Search filters for further information.
- Alerts are emails sent to notify you when a visitor completes or drops out of a pre-defined business process or conversion funnel.
- An application environment used mainly with Microsoft IIS servers but can be installed on most current web-servers including Apache
Blank Field Report
- In Form Analytics, the Blank Field Report shows which fields were most frequently left blank by visitors when submitting a form.
- Blocked Recordings will appear on your projects page if you are trying to record HTTPS pages with non-compliant code or if the recordings originate from a domain that is unchecked in your account.
- Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors that only view one page of your site and immediately leave. This is not to be confused with Abandon rate, where an engaged visitor leaves in the midst of an online process.
- ClickTale can be used to track any e-mail or marketing campaign, to test both the traffic that come from those campaigns and the effectiveness of the campaign itself.
- A Content Management System is a framework for storing data and normally making it available through web technologies eg WordPress, Joomla, Drupal
- Conversion rate is the percentage of total visitors who completed a required action (e.g. bought a product, signed up for a service) on a specific website or page.
- In Form Analytics, the Conversion Report displays the percentage of visitors who landed on a page, interacted with the form, tried to submit the form and successfully submitted the form.
- A Conversion Funnel describes the path visitors take through your website in order to complete the conversion process. For example, a standard conversion funnel for an online store may be: Homepage -> Product Page -> Shopping Cart -> Payment Page -> Confirmation Page
For more information, see Conversion rate.
- A cookie is a small text file used by web servers and clients to determine various factors such as User Sessions. ASPSESSION and PHPSESSION cookie names are common(note that the cookies produced by Oracle contain a "," which will cause errors and should be avoided or "escaped" when used to determine the session variable). ClickTale uses the WRUID cookie to store the visitors defined recording ratio(=0 no recording, !=0 recording ratio)
- A Customer Relationship Management system is a framework for storing customer data and communications including tickets and emails normally with pre-programmed actions, triggers and procedures in a secure location eg LivePerson
- The Dashboard is a project's central page, it provides easy access to all the data, reports and recordings from a central and easy to use page.
- A domain is a specific parent website address. e.g. clicktale.com is referred to as the domain name(can often be referred to as the hostname), the TLD indicating the type of organization, geographical location, or both, and officially designated in the suffix, as .com etc. by the large Internet Service Providers eg InterNIC and RIPE. www.clicktale.com or wiki.clicktale.com. are subdomains of ClickTale.com which is itself a subdomain of .com, which is a subdomain of .(hidden) Individuals cannot own or control a TLD. Each "." generally signifies a node of a network or a different server with a Name Server(NS) holding records for all of its subdomains. DNS can resolve subdomains to completely different IPs but keep them grouped by the next highest domain.
For more information, see our Wiki page on managing domains.
- A domain can also be utilized within Microsoft's Active Directory environment to segregate an Intranet, allowing access controls and services to be delivered securely.
- In Form Analytics, the Drop Report shows which percentage of visitors decided to abandon your form in each specific field.
- Engagement Time, also known as attention time, is the measurement of Active time a visitor spends focusing on a page plus a 20 second buffer period. When a visitor is idle for more than 20 seconds, the measurement stops until the visitor is active again.
For more information, see our blog post about Engagement Time
- A Enterprise account is our top level, fully featured customized analytics package[]
- The Entry Page is the web-page the user began their browsing session on your site on. This could be any page which you are recording where a user started their session. It is a standard option in searching or filtering recordings.
- Integrating ClickTale with ExactTarget enables online businesses to optimize both their email marketing campaigns and website usability based on how different customers engage with their emails.
- The Exit page is the web-page the user ended their browsing session on your site on. This could be any page which you are recording where a user left their session. It is a standard option in searching or filtering recordings.
- The Fold Height is the length of web-page visible to the visitor, with the visitor's screen resolution, window size and browser toolbars taken into account.
- Form Analytics is a group of five reports that offer a detailed analysis of both how long it takes to fill in either a single field or a complete form, as well as at which points users are dropping off or having difficulty.
- Frames are a way of combining multiple complete webpages into a single page in a browser.See Recording_Pages_With_Frames for further information.
- This is a service offered by Citrix that we use for online meetings to discuss and share screens for Technical Reviews, for example. Email invites are sent and then a small download is required to connect. []
- Heatmaps are the visual representation of detailed analytical statistics based on aggregated views across specific pages on your website. ClickTale provides four heatmaps, The Mouse Move Heatmap, Click Heatmap, Attention Heatmap and Scroll-Reach Heatmap.
- In Link Analytics, hesitation is the average time from beginning of a mouse hover to the moment of the mouse click.
- In Link Analytics, hover conversions is the portion of mouse hovers that eventually convert into mouse clicks.
- In Link Analytics, hover order ranks the links by the average order in which they were hovered over.
- An Integration module is an advanced way that ClickTale servers can communicate with a website, they are platform specific and based on adding a small invisible code library to a webserver. Such a module resolves several issues related to using analytics on a dynamic site and simplifies integration and data capture.
- Input Icons are the small icons displayed when viewing recordings of visitors interactions with a website.
- J2EE is a a platform-independent, Java-centric environment from Sun Microsystems for developing, building and deploying Web-based enterprise applications online. ClickTale supports websites built with J2EE, using the J2EE integration module.
- JAVA - A high-level, object-oriented programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Java is commonly used in Web Programming.
- Kampyle - Kampyle is an Internet company that provides customer feedback management services and lead generation solutions. Kampyle offers its solutions as SaaS. ClickTale has an integration with Kampyle.
- Link Analytics are the detailed statistics that available for each and every link on any given web page. They are included on all ClickTale Heatmaps and can be toggled on and off.
- Load Balancer is a method used to combine multiple servers to handle similar requests invisible to the client.
- The ClickTale engine loads at the end of the page in order to minimize any impact on site performance. If a visitor leaves a page before ClickTale finishes loading usually within a few seconds, we will capture a missed recording and still know that the visitor was on that page recognizing that in the session replay.
- Mouse Clicks are captured every time the button on a mouse is clicked. ClickTale will also differentiate between left and right mouse clicks.
- Mouse Moves are every movement that your mouse makes within your browser on the webpage.
- When an email is rejected by a mail server it responds with a Non Delivery Report. If this ever happens when contacting ClickTale please let us know immediately and if possible keep the NDR for our Administrator to investigate.
- New visitor is someone who has never visited your website before. It is a standard way of segmenting and filtering any results you can see within ClickTale.
- Original referrer is the term given to the place where your visitor originated from before they came to your website. This would apply to any links on other peoples websites or specific campaigns or Pay Per Click referee's. It is also a standard option in filtering and segmenting any ClickTale results and reports.
- Pagecount refers to the number of pages a visitor viewed during their session. This is a standard option within filtering and segmenting session replays and reports. This helps a ClickTale user to understand different behavior trends of engaged users who have been to many pages as opposed to those who have only been to a few.
- A single page that a visitor looks at and that can be recorded.
- A generally open source programming language (environment) mainly used on Apache servers but can easily be installed on most current web-servers including MS IIS.
- A Platform is a computer's operating system. For example: Windows.
- Project refers to the group of webpages that you would like to monitor as part of an engagement in one account.
- A way of requesting data from a database.
- Your Recording Ratio determines the percentage of visitors which will be recorded by ClickTale. This is a number between 0 (0% of the visitors are being recorded) and 1 (100% of the visitors are being recorded). This is the second parameter when calling the ClickTale function. For example, a recording ration of 0.43 signifies that 43% of visitors will be recorded, if the customer's quota is sufficient.
- An attribute that identifies from which Internet page (URL) a visitor was sent to your site.
- In Form Analytics, the Refill Report displays the percentage of visitors who must refill one field or more after trying to submit unsuccessfully.
- A Returning Visitor is someone who has visited your website before. It is a standard way of segmenting and filtering any results you can see within ClickTale.
- Scroll Reach is how far down a specific page a visitor has scrolled. This is based on browser window and accounts for people viewing with differing screen sizes and window enlargement.
- 1 - Microsoft's scalable enterprise database - SQLExpress is their free alternative
- 2 - A Simple Query Language used to communicate requests and commands to a database engine
- A subdomain expresses relative dependence, not absolute dependence: for example, wikipedia.org comprises a subdomain of the org domain, and en.wikipedia.org comprises a subdomain of the domain wikipedia.org
For more information, see our Wiki page on managing domains.
- Events can be tagged to selectively identify a particular visitor action or "event", for example form submission or selecting a specific category link. Events can be searched for and used to selectively view or aggregate related reports/heatmaps/funnels and recordings.
- ClickTale will send a Tax_invoice for all payments, if required. Note: We do not charge VAT on overseas (non-Israel) sales.
Time on Page
- In Form Analytics, the Time On Page is the length of time a visitor spends on the page
- In Form Analytics, the Time Report displays how long it takes for a visitor to fill out a form.
Time to click
- In Link Analytics, Time to Click is the time between the moment a page has been loaded to the moment a link is clicked for the first time.
- A Top Level Domain is the section of a URL at the end eg .com, .net, .org. This signifies the 2nd highest level Name Server holding records for the Domain Name System(DNS). (note: only the (hidden)"." is above this)
- A URL or Universal Resource Locator is simply a web address, e.g.: http://www.clicktale.com , or http:/www.abcde.org/Products/ovens.html
- The mechanism used by web clients (browsers) to identify themselves. Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome and other browsers use UA strings determined by their creators. The ClickTale bot, which fetches recorded pages identifies itself as "ClickTale bot".
- A Visitor is a person who has come to your website.
- With ClickTale, Visitor IDs are used to search for recordings or by third-party applications, that need to integrate with ClickTale.
- Voice Of Customer is a term to define getting feedback from your customer directly. Usually refers to technologies like Kampyle but can also refer to user session technology.
- A list of IPs or Domain Names/Email Addresses that are marked as safe for your systems to communicate with. Opposite of blacklist.
- A useful open source package of Apache, MySQL, PHP and Mercury mail server, offers full functionality and can be easily installed on Windows clients and servers. MAMP is a simpler version for Mac OSX.
- A popular video hosting service. We make available useful information about ClickTale including implementation tips and tricks on our channel. []
- A popular open source shopping cart which our PHP_integration_module is ideal for recording an analyzing. Instructions can be found here Zen_Cart_integration
- 200 is a confirmation given by a web-server when a request is completed successfully.
- 302 Redirect is an error shown when the ClickTale bot has been redirected away from the cached page it was trying to collect.
- 404 is an error displayed by a webserver when the item requested by the ClickTale bot cannot be found
- 406 Not acceptable is shown when your Web Server rejects the ClickTale bot Http_error_codes
- 500 is an error displayed by a web-server when the request has been unfulfilled due to unforeseen events or incorrect permissions
- 90th Percentile - Behavioral reports#Page_Reports A Percentile is a value of the variable below which a certain amount of observations fall. eg. Scroll Reach - The report displays the 90th percentile, which means the scroll reach percentage that 90% of the users scrolled to, or less. Only 10% of users scrolled further down the page.