Integrating ClickTale with MailChimp enables online businesses to optimize both their email marketing campaigns and website usability based on how different customers engage with their emails. A tremendous amount of knowledge is gained on both individual and demographic levels about the subscriber base. For example, online retailers can now compare how converted customers engage versus non converted customers and modify web and landing page design accordingly to maximize future user engagement.
Benefits of Integration
The integrated solution enables companies to:
- Follow every mouse move, click, scroll and keystroke of email subscribers all the way through to their online conversion or checkout.
- Learn from ClickTale behavioral reports that aggregate thousands of browsing sessions to reveal what visitors are collectively doing within a webpage.
- Watch real time video session playbacks to show exactly why and when a potential customer leaves the conversion process.
- Tailor emails to the behavioral tendencies of individual user groups.
In order to add ClickTale tracking to your MailChimp campaign, follow these four easy steps:
- Log in to your MailChimp account and go to the Campaign Tab.
- Edit a draft Campaign or create a new Campaign.
- In the "Setup" step of the Campaign Builder, click the "Tracking" link to reveal additional tracking options.
- Check the "ClickTale link tracking" checkbox. You get an automatically generated ClickTale tag to be inserted into your emails. You can change the default tag name.
- Finish the campaign setup as you normally would.
- Once you've sent out your emails, you are able to watch recordings of visitors who come to your site after clicking on a link within the email.
To do so, search within recordings using Events. The Event will be the ClickTale tag you inserted on MailChimp.
Customers with plans supporting segmentation can also segment heatmaps using the same Event to visualize exactly how visitors from the email campaign behaved on the landing page.