Integrating ClickTale with PulseConnect enables online businesses to optimize both their email marketing campaigns and website usability based on how different customers engage with their emails. A tremendous amount of knowledge is gained on both individual and demographic levels about the subscriber base. For example, online retailers can now compare how converted customers engage versus non converted customers and modify web and landing page design accordingly to maximize future user engagement.
PulsePoint’s Email and Multichannel Marketing Solution is powered by an award-winning technology platform that helps marketers manage the customer life cycle through the delivery of personalized, relevant and timely messaging across multiple channels including: email, mobile and social. For more information see: http://www.pulsepoint.com/connect/
Benefits of Integration
The integrated solution enables companies to:
- Follow every mouse move, click, scroll and keystroke of email subscribers all the way through to their online conversion or checkout.
- Learn from ClickTale behavioral reports that aggregate thousands of browsing sessions to reveal what visitors are collectively doing within a webpage.
- Watch real time video session playbacks to show exactly why and when a potential customer leaves the conversion process.
- Tailor emails to the behavioral tendencies of individual user groups.
In order to add ClickTale tracking to your Pulsepoint campaign, follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your PulsePoint account and go to the Settings tab.
- Select AppExchange and then scroll down to the Custom Web Analytics option.
- On the Custom Web Analytics page select the "Get Started" button.
- A pop up will allowing you to specify the Clickatale parameters that will be appended to your URL. Paste the parameter: utm_source=clicktale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[-MAILINGID-]&ct=t([-MAILINGID-]) in the field exactly as you see below. You can select the box to automatically append the parameter to mailings by default. *Note: If you are also using other analytics tools you may need to add this parameter to your URLs manually within your mailing.
- Clicking save will return you to the previous page and enable the Custom Analytics feature. Doing this disables other analytics applications you have enabled in the AppExchange.
- Once the feature is configured and enabled you have the option of turning on the feature for specific mailing on the Responses & Results tab of the Email creation/send process. By selecting the check box for "Add web analytics information to tracked links" the Clicktale parameters will be added to the URLs.
- Once you've sent out your email, you are able to watch recordings of visitors who come to your site after clicking on a link within the email. To do so, search within recordings using Events. The Event will be the ClickTale tag you inserted on PulseConnect. You can also segment heatmaps using the same Event to visualize exactly how visitors from the email campaign behaved on the landing page.