Integrating ClickTale with Silverpop enables online businesses to optimize both their email marketing campaigns and website usability based on how different customers engage with their emails. A tremendous amount of knowledge is gained on both individual and demographic levels about the subscriber base. For example, online retailers can now compare how converted customers engage versus non converted customers and modify web and landing page design accordingly to maximize future user engagement.
Silverpop's on-demand digital marketing platform helps marketers succeed in turning prospects into customers—and customers into fans—through the creation, automation and delivery of relevant, multichannel messaging. For more information, see http://www.silverpop.com.
Benefits of Integration
The integrated solution enables companies to:
- Follow every mouse move, click, scroll and keystroke of email subscribers all the way through to their online conversion or checkout.
- Learn from ClickTale behavioral reports that aggregate thousands of browsing sessions to reveal what visitors are collectively doing within a webpage.
- Watch real time video session playbacks to show exactly why and when a potential customer leaves the conversion process.
- Tailor emails to the behavioral tendencies of individual user groups.
In order to integrate your Silverpop account with ClickTale, select ClickTale in the Silverpop drop down box for append string / URL tagging (see image below). The Append String for Hyperlinks should be setup as follows: Modifying the hyperlink that leads to the landing page by simply choosing a tag, for example let’s call it “MyTag”, and add it to a hyperlink as follows: http://domain/page?ct=enable,t(MyTag)
- The ?ct= parameter tells the ClickTale Tracking code to process the subsequent commands
- The enable command means that ClickTale will always record the visitor, even if you are only recording a fraction of visitors to your landing page
- The t(MyTag) command indicates that “MyTag” is the tag name used to track this campaign