You can drop the ClickTale tracking code into your website via Tealium, along with numerous other tags. It's a quick and easy way to get started with ClickTale.
About the integration
The integration allows you to add the ClickTale tracking code to your site along with many of your other tags, using just one piece of code on the pages to deploy any number of code tags.
How to Integrate
To deploy the ClickTale tracking code using Tealium, please follow these steps:
|1. Login to the Tealium Tag Management Console.
2. Go to the “Tags” tab and click “Add More” to add a new Tag.
|If your project uses Atlas tracking code, the partition name and Project ID are shown in the bottom part of the code.|
If your project uses Balkan tracking code, please follow the procedure in this article to get these parameters.
If you need to deploy the XHTML-compliant version of the ClickTale code, you should contact your Account Manager or ClickTale support to enable this option.
Key advantages of implementing via Tealium
- Accuracy: Increase your overall analytics accuracy.
- Efficiency: Add tags at any point in the website development cycle, quickly and cheaply, from a single application.
- Freedom: Get support for any number of tags from multiple applications. Gain flexibility in adding and testing new tags, and reduce your reliance on a single supplier.
- Ease-of-use: Manage the tags yourself with a user-friendly system, and free your IT department to focus on other issues.
- Control: See all the tags on your site, and ensure that tags adhere to technical best practices and comply with privacy and other mandates.
- Performance: Improve your page load time by consolidating the variables used םn your tags. Serve tags, only when needed.
Tealium and Integration Modules
The basic Tealium integration only allows you to record pages that are accessible via a simple GET request and do not depend on session cookies. For password protected pages, pages that depend on session elements, dynamic pages and POST processed pages you will need to use an Integration Module.
There are essentially two methods of using an Integration Module on websites which utilize Tealium. The first involves disabling Tealium from injecting the ClickTale code altogether and the second involves an integration of the two.
Method 1 - Integration Module replaces Tealium
Method one requires you to remove the Tealium rule regarding the ClickTale code altogether and install the Integration Module based on the framework with which your site is built. The Module replaces Tealium insomuch as it injects the tracking code into the pages. For more information please see: Integration Modules
Method 2 - Integration Module alongside Tealium
In light of the fact that the Tealium integration already contains the tracking code, the only thing you need to inject into the HTML the visitor receives is the ClickTaleFetchFrom line.
Below are examples of the xml needed to be configured for each of the different modules:
ASP.NET Integration Module
Please see detailed instructions on the ASP.NET integration module page.
PHP Integration Module
Please see detailed instructions on the PHP integration module page.
J2EE Integration Module
Please see detailed instructions on the J2EE integration module page.
Please note: By default, the Tealium code loads after the DOMLoad event. However, it is possible to load it inline; in which case, the bottom part of the module’s xml file needs to be configured to inject the ClickTaleFetchFrom variable before the Tealium scripts.