Yahoo! Store integration
Below are instructions of implementing ClickTale in the cart and checkout pages of Yahoo! Merchant store. This implementation uses the FetchFromWithCookies method for cookie capturing.
Note: Any visitor who goes through the entire process will be broken into 2 or 3 separate visitors in the system. This is due to the way Yahoo! uses several domains in the checkout process.
Note: This works best if you record 100% of your visitors, otherwise you may record a visitor in one domain of the process and not in another.
Note: You need a ClickTale account with the SSL option enabled. This normally requires a paid plan.
- Generate your tracking code while specifying to enable the SSL checkbox. Have both top and bottom part available.
- Use the path in the code to locate the WRx.js file, eg.
Save the WRx.js file to your local computer.
- Go to Yahoo Store Manager > Store Editor > Files > Upload the WRxx.js file you had been given at code generation. Keep the same file name and note the path that Yahoo generates for you. For example: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/WRxx.js
- Similarly download the file FetchFromWithCookies.js here and upload it your Yahoo store. Keep the same file name and note the path that Yahoo generates for you.
- Go to Yahoo Store Manager > Checkout Manager > Global Settings > Checkout Wrapper > Checkout Regions
- Add the ClickTale tracking code top part in the "Top Navigation" field
- In the "Footer" field add the following code:
- Modify the ClickTale tracking code bottom part in the "Footer" field in the following ways:
- Change the first script URL from "/WRxx.js" to "https://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/WRxx.js". Note the change to HTTPS so it points to the URL you had been given in the file upload stage.
- Similarly, change the second script URL from "FetchFromWithCookies.js" to the path given by yahoo for the uploaded FetchFromWithCookies.js file. Again HTTP should be changed to HTTPS.
- Replace [!YOUR PARAMETERS!] with the parameters as they appear in the bottom part of the tracking code your generated in your account.
- Try to add something to your cart and go a few steps deep in the checkout process to see if you are able to make recordings.
If you can't make recordings, check that yahoo domains such as order.store.yahoo.net, us-dc1-order.store.yahoo.net and us-dc2-order.store.yahoo.net are checked for recording.